Friday, December 20, 2013

Just a few hours to freedom



It’s snowing, which is code for, “Hurry! Run outside between classes and throw snowballs at the classroom windows!”
 
It’s finally come, December 20th, the last day of school before 16 GLORIOUS days of no real-life responsibilities. I love my job and almost all of my kiddos, but it’ll be nice not to have to yell, “language!” across the classroom or respond to requests like, “Can I go get Joe’s jar of pickles out of my locker?” with a straight face.

Here are today’s lesson plans:
1st, 2nd, 4th periods: Sophomores

  • Turn in essays
  • Play winter-themed hangman, Christmas charades, or Christmas Pictionary
  • Don’t kill each other
    Say this 1,000 times, "No, you can't go outside and have a snowball fight."

5th: Freshmen

  • A final test on The Odyssey (I don’t trust this rowdy bunch enough to cut them any slack)

6th: Honors Freshmen

  •  Turn in essays
  • Try to survive the 45 minutes until freedom by NOT killing each other or annoying me


And here are my plans for break:

  •  Move into our new house (We’ll OFICIALLY be homeowners on the 27th! Merry Christmas to us!)
  • Unpack and set up our very own house
  • Read trashy romance novels
  •  Bake cookies
  •   Be happy
  •   Sleep in as much as I want
  • Drink excessive amounts of peppermint-flavored drinks
  • Turn 25 (...eeek!)


Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great plan...especially the part where you move into your new house and bake cookies with Lydia!

    ReplyDelete